Arrange insurance for your business
It's essential to arrange insurance when you're starting out in business - this may include insuring your company, your income and your commercial risk. Taking out the right insurance will help protect your business and minimise its exposure to risk.
The types of insurance required for running your business will vary depending on:
1. the type of business you’re running
2. the structure of your business
3. its size
4. which industry you belong to.
There will also be certain types of insurance that are compulsory, such as:
1. workers compensation insurance - if you employ people in your business
2. third party personal injury insurance - for any motor vehicles you own
3. public liability insurance - for certain types of companies.
Even if insurance is not compulsory, taking out the right insurance can help protect your business and minimise its exposure to risk.