Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death and disease in Australia, claiming 15,500 Australian lives every year. Providing support to your staff to help them kick the habit could save lives.
Benefits for your business
A smoke-free workplace can encourage your employees to become healthier.
The Healthy Workers initiative states that healthy employees:
1. are more productive than their colleagues
2. are less prone to ‘absenteeism’ (taking unnecessary days off)
3. take less sick leave
4. have greater staff morale and satisfaction.
Benefits for your employees
Having a smoke-free workplace can help your employees to:
1. improve their health
2. improve their morale and satisfaction while at work
3. maintain a healthier lifestyle.
Your business can help create a healthier Australia by encouraging your employees to quit smoking.