Excise duties

Excise duty is a tax on certain goods produced or manufactured in Australia. These goods are called excisable goods, and include alcohol, petroleum, tobacco and coal.

You have to be registered with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) before you can:

  • produce, store, deal in or manufacture excisable goods

  • move excisable goods underbond (that is, excisable goods on which duty has not been paid)

  • lodge returns and claims.

Once you have registered for excise purposes, you'll be registered for all excise activities.

If you plan to undertake an excise activity, you need to apply for a licence.

What to do...

  • Visit the ATO's Excise licences page for information on how to obtain a licence for alcohol, tobacco, petroleum and alternative fuels.

  • Read the ATO's overview on Excise .

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Contact Us

Proactive Accountants & Bookkeepers​

Tel: 0424 513 740
Email: proactivebookkeepes@gmail.com​
Postal Address​​​​​​: P.O. Box 156

Collins St West

Melbourne Vic 8007

Socialize With Us

Proactive Lending Solutions is a Credit Representative (CRN 482161) Of BLSAA Pty LTD ACN 117651760 (Australian Credit Licence NO 391237)

© 2023 by Proactive Accountants & Bookkeepers